Tuesday 4 December 2012

Twitter fiction (again)


I wasn’t a huge fan of writing twitter fiction. I felt very restricted by the character limit and writing out each tweet got old pretty fast. I can see that it was a bad choice of mine to write an extended story like this because I had way too many tweets. I’m really proud of the way I wrapped up the story, but I’m also just glad that it’s done. I’m not sure what I think about actually putting my writing on twitter like that. It’s not as edited as I like my writing to be before people read it so I’m really iffy.
                I enjoyed reading twitter fiction a lot. I read some of a lot of people in the class’s tweets and overall, really enjoyed them! I wanted to say something but my comments, no matter how much I mean them, always read as if they’re half-hearted. I really loved seeing how everyone took on this task though! I also read Elliott Holt’s tweets. This was the story about a woman at a party on a roof who went over the edge. I liked this story so much because it got you thinking. I also was impressed by the way that she made twitter accounts for some of the party guests and tried to show the story as if you could understand the events of the evening only through the tweets of these three people. Only thing I wasn’t too much a fan of was the fact that some of the tweets didn’t seem real, and I found myself asking “Who cares?” to the occasional tweet. I look at twitter in a bit of a different light now. I’m thinking that it would be really cool to actually make a twitter account for one of my characters and let them come to life a bit more. It’s neat how even twitter can be used as a means of publishing your work, although I’m not sure if I’ll ever tweet a story again, it could happen, and it is something that I’m very glad to have tried. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your informative post!!!
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete