Friday 25 January 2013

Final reflection


My favorite project this semester is hard to choose! I really enjoyed making the 6 word memoirs, but I’m very proud of my animoto video’s end result. Making the six word memoirs was a nice way to start opening up and accepting the ways you can express yourself on the internet. It gave me an understanding of certain tools on the internet and allowed me to try something completely new.
                My least favorite assignment was probably the writing on a bucket list. I didn’t really like this because there are a lot off thins I would like to do before I die, but there is no way I can think of them all when I’m sitting in class and told to do so, it just doesn’t work!
                Friday reading classes were nice because, outside of this time, I never had time to sit down and read without being disturbed. The classroom always has such a nice atmosphere and it’s really easy to get lost in a story here.
                The Monday written reflections were also nice because it allowed me to look farther into the writing style of the author, express my views on certain events that happened and just get an overall better understanding of any book I happened to be reading at the time.
                I enjoyed the way blogging has really opened up the world of the internet, it’s nice being able to have a place where I can express anything I want to, post stories I’m working on, and enjoy what the internet has to offer to the fullest extent.
                Tweeting is something I haven’t enjoyed all that much. I liked writing the twitter fiction because I’d had a story on my mind that I wanted to work on and it really made me get it out. I didn’t like tweeting things though, I found the reading reflections were lacking a lot of depth and I would have liked to expand on my thoughts on everything I had read over the weekend or on the Friday. When It came to tweeting my bucket list, I just was so sick of twitter that I dropped the idea entirely. I will say that, out of twitter fiction, I got a really good idea of my IOP in English. I chose a bunch of characters from a book we had to read (The Plague) and I tweeted things from their perspective to create a better understanding of their character. If you were to search up Dr. Rieux on twitter, you may in fact come across this project!
                I liked keeping technology in the course because it is important to think about the things that can be found about you online, but I found that the course was still a little too based on technology for my taste; I would have liked to do more actual writing. I think I did more photo editing than anything else.
                As a reader I have learned that if I focus just a little more, I can pick things up in a story that I would have never been able to see without this course. As a writer I’ve learned different styles of writing and that it’s okay to let someone read something without you picking it apart. I’m not saying I will, just that it’s okay to do.
                I think, like I said earlier, that it would be nice to write a story, or have more mini lessons in class.
                It’s really been fun taking this course, and it’s certainly something that will help me for a while to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment