Monday 22 October 2012

Weekly Reflection #6


I’m not sure of what I want to do after high school yet, so I’m doing everything I can to keep every door open. I am in the IB program at school and everything is pretty stressful. I’m not sure if IB is really going to get me anywhere in life, but for now, it certainly leaves me with lots of options. I love a chance to be creative and this blog gives that to me. Most assignments in school ask you to write down your thoughts along a certain path about a certain subject, when this blog allows creativity to flow in its greatest form. My stress level can get pretty high at times when everything starts to build up. This blog is giving me a way to get away from everything in a way. That didn’t make much sense, if you can follow that train of thought, good for you. More or less, when I’m stressed I’ve been using this blog as a way to relax and get my brain going again. Even If I don’t end up using my blog as a way to get that new job, or anything of the likes, it’s helping me stay grounded and productive when nothing else seems to work. Sometimes you really just need to let yourself be creative before you go back to the same old work. After high school I will be continuing with my education in some way, university or college, so this blog is something I can easily keep up to keep me going. As a sort-of side note: I’m really thinking about the idea of an “internet identity” and this is the perfect way to create one that is true to me, where other social networking doesn’t quite catch who I am. I love the feeling of expressing this part of me in a way that I can share it with other people. 

http://starsshinebrighter.blogspot.ca/2012/10/personal-addition-11.html
I commented on this post because, even though I’ve had difficulties keeping music in my life lately, it is something I love very much. I like hearing about the ways other people try to incorporate music in their lives; it wouldn’t hurt to help me find a way to keep it in mine too! It was also a little reassuring to see someone else talk about how music is always playing in their head; I’m not alone! :P

http://cwblog-missy.blogspot.ca/2012/10/personal-addition-3.html?showComment=1350958228135
I commented on this picture pretty much because it caught my eye. I love summer as well and the picture of a flower somehow manages to bring forward all of my summer memories as well. I would recommend checking it out, I think you might feel the same way!

http://carolcastilhosblog.blogspot.ca/2012/10/rambling-autobiography.html
I commented here because I really do want to know more. I have always wanted to travel and in some ways my own fear has held me back. I want to, some day get over my own fears, but for now without opportunities available at the moment, I'd love to hear about the experiences of others traveling the world. It's something that has always peaked my interest. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this blog is giving you the outlet to express your true self. Sadly, many students abandon their blog after the course is done, hopefully you can keep using yours! I'd love to keep hearing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete