Monday 1 October 2012

Writing Reflection #2

The six word memoir assignment went pretty smoothly for me. I really enjoyed writing my six word memoirs, then putting them with pictures added an effect that I didn’t quite expect. I knew that we would be adding pictures to the text, I just would never have expected how much depth could be added to the words by a simple picture. I learned how less can be so much more with something like this. I have had the chance to look through some other 6 word memoirs from the class and you can really see in these how some messages can be portrayed best in only a few short words. I find it incredible how 6 words can be so powerful and get a message across so well! I’m not sure I could say I know which I preferred, writing the memoirs, or adding the pictures. Writing the six word memoirs was kind of a relief in writing in a very odd way. Often, in school we are given a minimum amount of words for any given assignment. Whatever it is, when I have a minimum I either write way too much, or I’m missing out on a lot of words. This was so simple, one phrase, six words. You can let your mind wander and find a phrase that is true to you, then adjust it slightly, take out a word or add one in. It was a chance to finally write in school without as much pressure to write a certain way. I know this doesn’t exactly make sense, but the idea is there. Everything went overall very smooth, and I am pretty happy with the way all of my six word memoirs turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment