Wednesday 14 November 2012

Final Day (part 1)


I just finished my first round of editing this story! It's a little long so I'll be posting it in bits. Check back tomorrow for the next part if you're interested!



I woke up and everything was cruelly normal. I looked out my window from my bed and saw an overcast day. No rain would come, yet the sun was refusing to shine. It was hiding safely behind the clouds, like a child covering its eyes so it wouldn’t have to see the events that were to unfold today. I knew a single beam of light could have weakened my resolve. With the slightest bit of natural light, my fate could have been different. I was searching for signs that I was wrong and none of them showed. The universe wanted me gone, I was worthless, a waste of space, so by the end of the day I was to be gone. The world was silent as death. As my death.  Not a soul dared make a sound, for fear it would change what had to happen. Fate kept a close eye on me and would not be happy should its plan be changed. Out the window not even the wind was blowing, not a thing moved. All was waiting for me to take the first step. I had a little stare down with the morning and decided I would make the first move. It was 8:59 am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment