Sunday 18 November 2012

Final Day (part 6)


About a week before I found out I was moving away we were hanging out. It was a hot Saturday and I lay with my head in his lap and he was playing with my hair absent-mindedly. “Do you ever think about how great it would be to run away? Just me and you, we could escape this stupid town and be happy together.” He said suddenly, “Everything would be so easy. We wouldn’t have to pretend for anyone anymore! My parents wouldn’t give up looking until they found us.” I responded, looking up at his face. He looked content, there was something under the surface though, something that was really bothering him. 
“My parents couldn’t care less. They’d put on that ‘Feel bad for me because my son is gone but all I really want is attention’ face. It sickens me. We would be so happy, just you and me. Can you see it?” 
“Every night, when I’m falling asleep, all I can think about is us… I love you.” This was the first time I said this to him, so I sat up to take in his face just before I said it. He blushed and smiled at me. 
“I’ve loved you my whole life. You’re my everything. If I had my choice of any girl in the world I would chose you every time.”
“I’m glad. Because now, you’re stuck with me” I answered jokingly, adoration as thick in my voice as it was in his. 
“I wouldn’t have it any other way.” And he leaned in slowly, hesitated half an inch away, and then he kissed me. My heart ached every time I thought about Jeremy, but he was unforgettable. He was my first and only love. I was still totally in love with him, which only made me hurt so much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment